Objective of the Position:
Owns and executes accounting processes within area of responsibility to ensure the accuracy, timeliness, and usefulness of financial data and reports.
- Develops and maintains policies and procedures in areas of responsibility.
- Records business transactions in financial systems timely, accurately, and in accordance with U.S. GAAP and tax regulations.
- Implements and assures effective business controls through review, analysis, and verification to ensure information and documentation supporting transactions is sufficient, valid, complete and accurate, classified correctly, and recorded in the correct period.
- Performs analysis of transactional accounting information to support decision making.
- Interacts with internal and external customers globally and provides excellent customer service.
- Supports the design and implementation of new corporate-wide initiatives, accounting policies, processes, and systems.
- Proactively identifies opportunities for improvements and makes recommendations.
- Assists in training and mentoring of department team.
- Other contributions as requested or required in support of the achievement of departmental and corporate objectives.
Competency & position requirements:
- Strong computation (data organization and manipulation) and problem solving skills
- Strong business application skills (Microsoft Excel, Word, financial systems)
- Strong communication skills
- Good understanding of U.S. GAAP and multi-state sales tax
- Good organization and project management skills
Quality & Quantity Standards:
- Detailed, accurate, complete, and professional in all aspects of the position.
Education & Experience needed:
- Minimum of 1-3 years experience in a professional accounting environment, preferably in manufacturing as part of a corporate accounting department
- Post-secondary degree in Accounting is preferred, but equivalent experience will be considered