Family-owned, fast-growing specialty food company is seeking to add a new member to our team. The Bookkeeper/Accounting Assistant is responsible for executing the basic accounting needs, payroll, and manufacturing regulations for the business. The ideal candidate would have experience with accounting as well as manufacturing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Manage payroll and input payroll to be processed by the HR department.
- Manage accounts payable processes.
- Ensures proper collection and reporting of accounts receivable.
- Oversees daily cash flow and checks, and makes appropriate deposits weekly.
- Maintains purchase order system.
- Assist with yearly audits.
- Maintain POS system with cost, ingredient inventory and other crucial accounting items.
- Assist with maintaining and improving manufacturing line and production logs.
- Assist with inventory management.
- Other Duties as assigned.
Competency and Position Requirements:
- Strong Excel Skills (Pivot Tables, Advanced Formulas, Tables & Formatting, etc).
- Proficient math skills.
- Strong technology skills with focus on POS systems
- Data reporting and writing skills.
- Great data entry skills.
- Strong Organization skills.
- Attention to detail.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business, Finance or related field.
- At least 5 years of bookkeeping/accounting experience.